— Give more than you expect.
— Be authentic. Be you.
The Fantastic Life Rule # 3
Build Your Resumes Every Year
How is your relationship resume looking? Where can you spend more time developing the relationships that matter?
Missing from your job description
By: Seth Godin | Published on April 23, 2018
If you’re working in an office, here are some of the checklist items that might have been omitted:
- Add energy to every conversation—We call it batteries included. – Craig
- Ask why
- Find obsolete things on your task list and remove them
- Treat customers better than they expect
- Offer to help co-workers before they ask
- Feed the plants
- Leave things more organized than you found them
- Invent a moment of silliness
- Highlight good work from your peers
- Find other great employees to join the team
- Cut costs
- Help invent a new product or service that people really want
- Get smarter at your job through training or books
- Encourage curiosity. I have written on this topic before. If you want to read the LIFEies, here it is.
- Surface and highlight difficult decisions
- Figure out what didn’t work
- Organize the bookshelf
- Start a club
- Tell a joke at no one’s expense
- Smile a lot.
Now that it’s easier than ever to outsource a job to someone cheaper (or a robot) there needs to be a really good reason for someone to be in the office. Here’s to finding several.